Sunday, July 15, 2012

50 Shades of Grey Trilogy


After reading the trilogy a few weeks ago, I wondered how I would approach the subject in my blog. And then it hit me. Just say it like it is, and make lots of jokes that tie in to the book.

For starters, you may wonder what would possess a guy to read these books. And for that I'll respond by stating the facts: For 19 weeks the 3 books have ruled the Top 3 spots on the New York Times Bestseller list. The second fact, 120+ days straight on top of the Amazon Bestseller List (70 days taking the Top 4, with the Box-Set added in).

Now that we got that over with, let's approach the facts of the story.

Yes. The books are about sex. Domination. Sex. Sex. And oh yeah, did I mention sex?

But that's just half the story.

Behind all this is the story of an innocent girl, who falls in love with one of the richest men in the country, and has to get used, both by her husband, and to the fact that she now can have literally anything she would like.

With car accidents, car chases, shootings, whips, ransom, and loads of cash being shot all over the place, it actually makes for a pretty compelling story line throughout the trilogy.

But all everyone focuses on is the sex.

Because that is the taboo side of the book.

The part that makes everyone want to read it.

I read it because it was supposed to be a good read.

And while there are lots of grammatical errors (remember, they were originally written as e-pubs and had no editors), a repeated switch between American English and English English, and some inconsistency errors, it turned out to be a good trilogy, that kept me into it until the end came around.

So yes, I would recommend this read to my friends, but no, I wouldn't tell them to admit that they actually read it.

And yes, I'm sure many people have questions about the books, and whatnot, and as usual, feel free to reply here, or email me, and I'll tell you if the books are right for you, or anything else you may want to know about them ;)

Oh, and for those wondering, there is indeed a movie deal out there, and yes, I will go out watch it when it comes out. And not for the sex, but for the possibility of seeing Angelina Jolie again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. The minds wonder what you're thinking...