Sunday, March 30, 2014

248

What does the number 248 mean to you?

The simple answer, whether you are Jewish or not, is that a human has 248 limbs.

It is also the amount of positive commandments in the Jewish world.

But the noticeable comparison for me, is the amount of words in Shema.

While I am not always on top of davening, one thing I try to make sure I say correctly, is Shema.

The 248 words there, should always be said carefully, just as carefully as you'd like each of your 248 limbs to be working.

This is also why you add three words at the beginning when praying alone, to compensate for the three word that a Chazzan would say at the end, with a minyan.

This is my first random act of Jewishness on this blog...what is happening to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. The minds wonder what you're thinking...